- Bachelor's/Master/M.Phil/Ph.D Degree Books
- Banking Examination (SBI/IBPS/REGIONAL BANK)
- Cosmos PUblications
- Current Affairs
- DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Examination)
- Entrance Examination
- General Books/Magazines/Miscellaneous
- Golden Peacock Publications
- IAS/IFS (Indian Administrative Service/Indian Forest Service)
- IES/ISS (Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistics Service)
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) Study Material
- IGNOU Disaster Management (English) (CDM)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Environment Studies (English) (CES)
- IGNOU Gandhi & Peace Studies (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (English) (BA)
- IGNOU History (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (MA)
- INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES(IES)
- LAW BOOKS
- NDA/CDS/AFCAT/SSB Examination
Notes/Study Material (Printed/Handout)
- PIB - Press Information Bureau (Hindi/English)
- S S Bharti Concept (Mathematician)
- Shankar IAS (IAS Parliament)
- Vajiram & Ravi IAS
- Vision IAS
- Oxford University Press Series
- PCS/State Level Examination
- Railway Examination
- SCHOOL BOOKS
Vikas Publishing House [Public Finance (English), Paperback] by H L Bhatia
The book Public Finance has now been in existence for more than 40 years. Over two generations now it has virtually become an encyclopedia on all financial matters of the Government of India, serving as a textbook for students, teachers and the general public and a reference volume for researchers and others. It is equally useful for competitive examinations conducted by various professional and employment-providing bodies. It covers the UGC syllabus and the syllabi of many Indian universities for honours, postgraduate and professional courses.
The discussion in the book grows with a logical and systematic approach. Thus, it is divided into two parts. Part I provides an analytical and comprehensive discussion of both the basics and frontiers of the theory of public finance.
Part II covers the set-up, issues and working of Indian fiscal field mounted upon the theoretical underpinnings and international practices and experience. The illustrations are drawn mainly from the Indian scene, with a cross reference to international experience.
The book uses all the modern-day tools of pedagogy, like Learning Objectives, Key Terms, Summary, Review Questions and Exercises.
Part-I: Theory of Public Finance
• Economic Activities and the State • Meaning and Scope of Public Finance • Principle of Maximum Advantage • Public Revenue—General Considerations • Division of Tax Burden-I • Division of Tax Burden-II • Incidence of Taxes • Classification and Choice of Taxes • Effect of Taxation • Public Debt • Public Expenditure-General Considerations • Effects of Public Expenditure • Public Budget • Balanced Budget and Fiscal Policy • Federal Finance • Public Undertakings
Part-II: Indian Public Finance
• Indian Federal Finance-I • Indian Federal Finance-II • Public Debt in India • Government of India Finances • The Indian Tax System • Railway Finances • Public Sector Undertakings in India • State Finances • Agricultural Taxation in India • Local Finance • Comments on Recent Central Government Budgets (2014-15 to 2017-18)
In this Edition
• Exhaustive revision incorporating the theoretical advancements using latest discussions, debates, data and information.
• The GOI Budget for 2017-18.
• State Government Budgets for 2015-16.
• Examination of the Report of the Fourteenth Finance Commission.
• GST and its pervasive impact on Indian economy.
When you order from GYANWORLD.COM, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to travel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible.