- Bachelor's/Master/M.Phil/Ph.D Degree Books
- Banking Examination (SBI/IBPS/REGIONAL BANK)
- Cosmos PUblications
- Current Affairs
- DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Examination)
- Entrance Examination
- General Books/Magazines/Miscellaneous
- Golden Peacock Publications
- IAS/IFS (Indian Administrative Service/Indian Forest Service)
- IES/ISS (Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistics Service)
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) Study Material
- IGNOU Disaster Management (English) (CDM)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Economics (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Environment Studies (English) (CES)
- IGNOU Gandhi & Peace Studies (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (English) (BA)
- IGNOU History (English) (MA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU History (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Philosophy (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Political Science (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Public Administration (Hindi) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (English) (MA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (BA)
- IGNOU Sociology (Hindi) (MA)
- INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES(IES)
- LAW BOOKS
- NDA/CDS/AFCAT/SSB Examination
Notes/Study Material (Printed/Handout)
- PIB - Press Information Bureau (Hindi/English)
- S S Bharti Concept (Mathematician)
- Shankar IAS (IAS Parliament)
- Vajiram & Ravi IAS
- Vision IAS
- Oxford University Press Series
- PCS/State Level Examination
- Railway Examination
- SCHOOL BOOKS
Aadhya Publication [Science & Technology A Complete Guide (English) Paperback] by Neeraj Nachiketa
About the Book
As long as mankind is living on this planet, science will live and as long as human needs are present, technology will advance. Twenty first century will see a tremendous advancement in science and technology. It is said that Biotechnology, Nano-technology, Robotics and Information Technology will drive the change.
India has witnessed great leaps in various areas of technological development such as space, defence, biotechnology, earth sciences, nuclear technology, ICT and agriculture. Indian scientists have contributed significantly in developing indigenous technologies. India has rich legacy of science where ancient Indian have contributed in astronomy, medicine and mathematics. We have had great institutions of learning in the past and we have also built new foundation in modern times. Today, India is thriving in scientific endeavours.
Thus, it is imperative to understand and be aware of science and technology. UPSC Civil Services Examination is changing with every year and Science and Technology topic is becoming very dynamic and challenging.
This book brings all aspects of science and technology for all kinds of readers. But, the book has been written to help aspirants of UPSC Civil Services Examination. The book is divided into 4 Parts. Part-I covers topics of Science and Technology developments, Eminent Indians contributions in Science and Technology, Indigenisation of technologies, Intellectual Property Rights and related issues, Bioethics and Bio-patents. Part-II contains fundamental concepts and applications related to Space, Defence, Nuclear Technology, Energy, Biotechnology, Health, ICT, New Technologies, Environment, Agriculture, and others. This part also discusses government policies, programmes, plans and priorities. Part-III is an advanced module with all current aspects. This part contains current topics of coming Prelims and Main examinations. Part-IV contains solved MCQs of UPSC PT examinations from 2000-2015. Besides, 14 Practise Revision Assignments with 200 MCQs and 3 Practice Test Papers each with 100 MCQs.
When you order from GYANWORLD.COM, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to travel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible.